Friday, January 29, 2010

MY PLANTS

I hear the pitter-patter,
Beating against my plants.
The rain seems to pat them,
Pat its long lost friends.
Bringing joy to the on-lookers too.

It seems to lash softly for an hour,
Then its drained off its sources.
My plants now look lush green,
With tiny beady tear drops
On missing their wonderful friend.

"Worry not my little plants,
They'll be back in a day or so."
Then slowly the sun peeps,
Shyly from behind the clouds,
Spreading her warmth all around.

The tears  seem to sparkly on plants
And the cool breeze making them dance,
To shed the heaviness in their hearts,
Due to the lost friend.
Together they wipe the tears.

The tears are wiped and dried,
From the hearts of my plants,
As every true friend does
To bring back the joy and happiness
In my plants' brief sad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment